addressed to visitors of the Cake Website
Who are we?
When do we collect your personal data?
We only collect personal data when you use our “Contact Us” and “Spontaneous Application” pages on our Website.
When you submit the contact form, we also collect the information you filled out in the form.
When you submit the Spontaneous Application form, we only collect the information you filled out in the form. We do not place any cookies through this page.
From time to time we may also offer certain products on our Website, such as statistical reports on market trends. In this case, we may also collect your contact information and invoicing details.
What personal data do we collect and for what purpose?
When you use our Website, we collect different types of personal data for different purposes.
We collect your contact details when you fill out and submit a form to us. These details include your first name and surname, your email address, your phone number, and the company you represent. We use these data for the purpose of contacting you upon your request. The legal basis for the processing of your contact details is our legitimate interest to respond to questions from prospects or customers.
We also collect your contact details and your professional resume when you submit them to us when filing a job application via our Website. We use this data for the purpose of screening, contacting and interviewing job applicants. The legal basis for the processing of your contact details is our legitimate interest to select and contact the most appropriate candidates.
When you order something on our Website, we collect your contact details and billing information. We use this information for the purpose of delivering your order and sending you the corresponding invoice. The legal basis for these processing operations is that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (namely, the execution of your order).
Lastly, we may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, for instance by sending you emails with promotional content. We only do this if you have given consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
Who receives my personal data?
When you submit a contact form or an order form on our Website, your personal data will also be shared with Hubspot.
Considering that we use Hubspot as our CRM platform, we transfer personal data to the United States. We have a Data Processing Agreement in place with Hubspot, which includes the EU’s standard contractual clauses for data transfers between EU and non-EU countries. You can find a copy of the Data Processing Agreement on this website: https://legal.hubspot.com/dpa.
For how long do you retain my personal data?
We retain your personal data for the period of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which such personal data is processed, as set out above. Please note that we must take into account a number of (legal) storage periods (time limits) which oblige us to continue to store your personal data. For instance, personal data used for invoicing and accounting purposes are kept for seven years in accordance with the legal retention period. In the event that no obligation or duty to store the personal data exists, your personal data shall be erased and destroyed on a routine basis once the purpose for which the personal data is collected has been achieved.
What are my rights?
You are able to exercise his/her rights as described in the General Data Protection Regulation at any time. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the possibility to make a request to review all personal data collected (including processing purposes, categories of personal data, estimated retention period).
- Right of rectification or right to restriction of processing: you have the right to demand that we rectify any of your personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete. You may also request that your personal data be temporarily withheld until they are accurate or complete.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): if you wish to have your personal data deleted, please send a request via email to email@example.com.
- Right to object: if you no longer wish to receive information and/or direct marketing emails, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for these purposes. This can be done by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you do not have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if such personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract between us or between Cake and your company (for example to send you or your company an invoice for an order).
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data in a universally readable format such as a text file or other digital file.
- Complaints: if you are not satisfied with the way your personal data are handled, you can file a complaint with a competent authority. In Belgium, this is the Data Protection Authority.
Questions or complaints?
If you have questions about your privacy, if you have a complaint, or if you want to exercise your rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by sending an email to email@example.com.
1 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.